Thursday, April 2, 2009

Now Is The PERFECT Time To Become Self-Sufficient

With the economy being the way it is, people, with good reason, fear losing their jobs or not finding work. But, I feel this is a great time to become self-sufficient as being so builds up the confidence and swagger necessary to stay afloat in these tough times. Knowing that you can make things happen and make your own money or make moves that will bring in money is something most people don't have. The majority of people who work, tend to need to feel reliant on their position and/or their job to be relevant, but if you have the type of personality and/or drive to do things without feeling the need to have people help you, then this is the perfect time to step your game up because it will get worse before it gets better and if you can survive in this climate, you will thrive when the economy comes up again.

I know people are fearful in starting their own company or doing something outside of their position, but it is very empowering knowing you can and will make things happen because you want to and not have to rely on someone, people or a company to make it happen! At the same time, it's not for everyone. I know people who are great at what they do when they have direction and a stated goal, but put them in a situation where they have to fend for themselves and they get lost immediately. I never understood it before, but I have a better understanding now! If you are not that confident that you can do it without direction, then stay in your position and make yourself even more valuable because it is rough out here!



I feel I am in a very great position having navigated myself through tough times before and anticipating it happening again but before, nerves almost got the best of me, but now, I welcome the challenge as I set my sights higher for bigger goals and to do so when the rest of the country is nervous and struggling, will make it sweeter for me when I do accomplish what I am setting out to do!

Sometimes you have to follow your passion to find satisfaction in your life and since there are too many disgruntled people working and even some making great money, I choose to enjoy my life and what I do so that way I feel great waking up and setting myself up to work and do the things I want to and can do! I am not and have never been money-driven, which may be the reason I am not rich or even content YET, but I DO know that being this way WILL benefit me in the long run as I plan on staying relevant until I don't want to do it anymore (Whatever that may be!) or until The Lord calls me to join him.

1 comment: