Monday, February 2, 2009

Fear Of A Black Planet?

Is this the start or should I say, the continuation of the world actually changing? Or at least in the United States....

On January 20th, 2009, The United States of America inaugurated its first Black President of The United States, Barack Obama and it drew the biggest crowd EVER to witness the coronation and parties were held EVERYWHERE to celebrate the accomplishment! I was even more proud that there were no reported violence or foolishness anywhere near the nation's capitol! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

10 days later, on January 30th, 2009, The Republican Party, which hasn't exactly catered to Blacks in recent years, selected Mike Tyson's former brother-in-law (Bet most of you didn't know that!), Micheal Steele, as the Chairman of the Republican National Committee. I am hoping his selection was NOT based on the fact that he is Black, but because he is the right man for the position. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And then yesterday, The Pittsburgh Steelers won a record 6th Super Bowl and did so with a Black Head Coach, Mike Tomlin. Hopefully, the 'Ole Boy Network' will realize that Blacks are not only talented players, but are also talented leaders as coaches, managers and presidents and general managers of professional sports teams! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

3 comments:

  1. I was good until you got to Mr. Uncle Tom Steele! Every time I hear that man talk it makes me cringe. This guy is a snake...and I wouldn't trust him with a nickel!

    I am glad the Steelers won the SuperBowl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It don't mean shit if they don't have the interest of their people, feel me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DJ Diva and A-King, I understand your sentiments completely, but I was just acknowledging the change in the perception of roles that, traditionally, weren't given to a Black man. It's still a start....

    ReplyDelete