Thursday, February 5, 2009

New York Has Gotten Soft!!!

OK, I am a lifelong New Yorker, spent my whole life here (I mean, I DO live in Jersey but I am a step away from tripping into New York! I'm so close that if I sneeze, I'll be in Manhattan!) and have watched the city change in SO many ways! I want to bring up the frigid weather we are experiencing right now and to the people who are complaining about it. DEAL WITH IT!!!!

I know there are many transplanted New Yorkers who came from warmer climates or are used to better weather, but you CAME to New York at a time where global warming has DEFINITELY had an effect here! The cold air we are having today was the NORM 20, 30 years ago. This was NOTHING compared to the cold weather back in the days, when it hit the teens with wind chill factors of below zero. You know what we did back then, we DEALT WITH IT! Layers, thermal underwear, multiple socks, whatever it took to keep the body heat in, we did it, So for the current New Yorkers, STOP BITCHIN'! In fact, BE HAPPY! I would rather it be bone chilling cold now so that way come March, April, it will be warm! History (or at least memory) shows that when the winter is warm, we have a cool spring. FUCK THAT! I want it to be so cold now that when the calendar, well, particularly, my birthday (March 28th), comes around, it is in the 60s and 70s and everyone has spring fever!!

So, to all you transplanted or young New Yorkers, SHUT YOUR TRAP! You are in New York now, BE a New Yorker and stop bitchin' about this thing called winter.....

No comments:

Post a Comment