Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Questions To The Radio Stations That Banned Chris Brown Songs.....

Now, I never chimed in on the Chris Brown situation because, um, everyone else has! We don't know what happened between he and Rihanna and we may never know the exact truth, but that's not what this conversation is about! (And for the record, men shouldn't hit women, maybe a very strong bear hug to calm her down may work!)

I've read, heard and seen radio stations banning his songs after the incident with Rihanna and that's the stations decision. My question to those same radio stations is, Did you ban R. Kelly when he was accused of 'having relations' with that young girl? If you answered yes, then I applaud you, but if you answer no, I ask, why the moral decision now? I also ask if you will ban any other artist who has been accused or arrested for an illegal act? And if not, why not? Did you ban T. I. when he was arrested for his illegal gun charges? Will you ban Lil Wayne for his weapons possession charge? Does this mean that when an artist is arrested, will you include that artist on your ban list? Please explain why only Chris Brown when we always hear about an artist being accused or arrested for something?

I don't understand when an outrage only applies to certain artists. If you want to do the right thing, then why are the radio stations only playing the same song and artists 28 times a day when there are BETTER artists trying to reach our ears? Why do we have to hear the same song once every hour when the diversity of GOOD music is right under your noses?

Well, this could go on but I really want to know why other artists aren't banned for their alleged illegal activities? I KNOW no one at a radio station will respond and I'm cool with that but don't get righteous for a week and then return to your old ways again.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if Chris would have hit a normal regular non-famous girl would it have the same affect. Alot of it is because it was Rihanna.

    ReplyDelete